Today, version 1.3.0 of the Ansible collections for SAP on AIX and SAP on IBM i were released on Ansible Galaxy. If you are not familiar with the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, you can read more about it here. (https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/management/ansible) The Ansible collections for SAP on AIX and SAP on IBM i provide a number of Ansible roles to automate common administration tasks, among them:
- Check basic operating settings for SAP installations.
- Install the SAP Host Agent
- Start and stop SAP instances, databases and the SAP start services
- Upgrade the SAP kernel
- Uprade the database client
- Install additional application servers
Version 1.3.0 provides the following enhancements over the previous version 1.2.0:
- Enablement of all roles for the Ansible Automation Platform 2
- Enhanced role sap_install_app_server to install additional application servers for IBM Db2 for LUW
- Enhancements and bugfixes in roles sap_opsyscheck, start_sap and stop_sap
- New role upgrade_ibm_db2_client to upgrade client software for IBM Db2 for LUW
- Skip job table status check in role sap_opsyscheck for IBM i 7.2 to avoid error
- New role upgrade_sap_hana_client to install, upgrade or uninstall SAP HANA client software
- Enhancements and bugfixes in roles start_sap and stop_sap
The AIX collection can be found here: https://galaxy.ansible.com/ibm/power_aix_sap, the documentation of the AIX collection is available at https://ibm.github.io/ansible-power-aix-sap.The IBM i collection can be found here: https://galaxy.ansible.com/ibm/power_ibmi_sap, the documentation of the IBM i collection is available at https://ibm.github.io/ansible-for-i-sap.