SAP has published a report called PP_MRP_SUPPORT (Note 3199068), which can assist in analyzing issues that may arise in the MRP environment.
The report provides access to:
- MRP-relevant material master data,
- Sourcing Master data for in-house and external replenishment
- Implemented User Exits and BAdI’s(w/o AMDP BAdI’s)
- The ability to navigate to customizing settings
- MRP Background Jobs
- MRP Consistency check
- Navigation portal to helpful transactions
The report is quite user-friendly and self-explanatory:
In addition to its other capabilities, the PP_MRP_SUPPORT report also has the ability to perform a detailed consistency check on customizing settings, number ranges, and master data.
Additionally, the report also includes links to the following transactions:
- DBA Cockpit (DBACOCKPIT)
- MRP Customizing (OPP1)
- Custom Code Analysis (/SDF/CD_CCA)
- MRP Live Settings (PPHMRPSET)
- Details for Materials in MRP on HANA (MD_MRP_FORCE_CLASSIC)
In my opinion, the PP_MRP_SUPPORT report can be a useful tool for monitoring the health of the MRP and for understanding MRP results based on the master data.
Link to the applicable SAP-Note:
Other userful MRP tips&tricks can be found here:
Give it a try and let me know your opinion in the comments.