I guess you already heard about the next International SAP Conference for Utilities in Basel in April 2023. In the context of this blog series, I would like to point out that we will have more presentations on Asset Management than ever before and give you a brief overview about it. What is obvious: The focus this year is not so much on Work Management and Mobility, but more on planning of asset investment and on construction projects. Moreover we hear how SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP), a very successful solution in other industries, brings value in the utility industry.
Here are all the workshops and presentations with an Asset Management focus:
- On April the 18th, the pre-conference day,
- we will run a workshop on how to Close the Loop from Master Data, Maintenance Strategy to Execution. The workshop will be given by my colleague Hisham Gouda from the IBU O&G and myself
- later that day there is a workshop about Scheduling and Dispatch with SAP’s Field Service Management (SAP FSM) and Resources Scheduling (RSH) run by Dominic Brennan, also from the IBU Utilities, and Paolo Manfrin from the SAP Product Management team.
- The Asset Management track runs on the first conference day with one SAP and several customer and partner presentations:
- Hisham Gouda and I will have a look at solutions and processes, that support the Reconstruction of the Energy System
- MetroGas utilizes SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) to optimize warehouses processes and reduce stock
- Swiss Federal Railways explains how medium to long-term asset investment planning is executed in the railway industry. This can very well also serve as an example for utilities.
- E.ON ONE has developed a Grid Construction Cockpit on top of SAP Enterprise Asset Management using the SAP Business Technology Platform BTP
- In parallel there is also the track on Renewable Power Generation:
- My IBU colleague Michael Lutz will present on renewable power generation
- Naturgy talks about Advanced Asset Management
- Vestas uses SAP BTP to digitalize Wind Turbine Construction
- EDF Renewables digitizes Field Operations
- On the second conference day you should also have an eye on the Water track as there are two very interesting Asset Management stories that easily relate to electricity and gas utilities:
- Farys supports at long-term Asset Investment Planning and Control of CAPEX using SAP Enterprise Portfolio and Project Management
- Anglian Water incorporates key financial, service, and ESG factors into asset investment decision-making
- And in parallel you find this presentations in the New Business & Processes track:
- Managing Investments, Connectivity and Maintenance Work in a uniform way at Fluvius
As you see, there are more presentations to choose from than you can actually see live at the conference. Good to know that many of them will also be recorded. And of course you should make sure to visit all the partners in the exhibition, who provide solutions extending the Asset Management portfolio. These include Copperleaf, E.ON One, Locana, Innovapptive, Prospecta, Rizing, TeamViewer, Utegration, and VertiGis
Looking forward to see and discuss with you in Basel!
Asset Management in Utilities – part 8: SAP Innovations on the 2023 Roadmap