With the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302 release a new feature is now available: Business Role Groups. With this feature you can create business role groups and assign multiple business roles to them. This helps you to organize your area and easily search for all business roles of a certain category.
In this Blog Post I will show you how you can easily create a Business Role Group and assign it to your roles.
Ensure that you have the Business Catalog SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_GRP_PC assigned to your user. This Business Catalog is also added as default into the Business Role Template SAP_BR_ADMINISTRATOR.
Also, the following restriction types (in the following business catalogs) are required for maintaining business role groups and business user groups:
|Business Catalogs||Restriction Types|
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_RM||Business Role (S_BRL)|
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_UM||Business User (CLASS)|
Business Role (S_BRL)
Business User (CLASS)
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_RM_DISP_PC||Business Role (ROLE_GROUP)|
|SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_UM_DISP_PC||Business User (CLASS)|
Creating a Business Role Group:
- Go to “Maintain Business Role Groups” app and click on “Create” button
- Choose the Group Description and click on “Create” button again
*Please note that the name of business role group is created automatically in namespace ZCB.
- The Business Role Group is now created
Assigning roles to a Business Role Group:
- In the Maintain Business Role Groups app, click on the group that you want to add a role
- Once the group details appear, click on “Add” button
- A pop-up window will open with the Business Roles. Select the Business Roles that you want to add to the Business Group and click on “Add” button
- Now the Business Roles were added to the Business Group.
Kindly note that it’s also possible to add a Business Role Group to a specific Business Role inside Maintain Business Roles app inside the Business Role details.
Removing roles of a Business Role Group:
- In the Maintain Business Role Groups app, click on the group that you want to remove the role
- Once the group details appear, select the Business Role that you want to remove and click on “Remove” button
Deleting a Business Role Group:
It’s only possible to delete a Business Role Group if it has no Business Role assigned to it. Ensure that you have removed all the Business Roles assignments before deleting a Business Role group.
For more details regarding this new functionality, please check the SAP Help Portal Documentation – Maintain Business Role Groups.
Hope this information is useful for you! I would greatly appreciate if you could share your feedbacks and thoughts in the comments.
Also, I encourage you to browse for other Community Topics that may be useful for you.