The main reference number would be updated in the billing document and journal entry document header level reference fields in Self-Billing with automatic posting scneario. Later on, supplier would claim the payment base on the main reference number in journal entry. In case customer send the same main reference number to supplier, supplier would have issue in the claim payment process.
Enable the configuration of the duplicate check for main references in the Define Sold-to Party Parameters app.
The system performs duplicate checks for main references on the sold-to-party of transmissions for self-billing with automatic posting.
- In case the user only maintain the “Final Duplicate Check for Main Reference” data.
Eg: Maintain 2023/01/01
System would check the main reference number duplicate in 0001/01/01-2022/12/31 and 2023/01/01 – 9999/12/31
It is used for the scenario that customer would refresh the main reference number range in 2023/01/01.
- In case the user maintain both the “Final Duplicate Check for Main Reference” and “Repeat Yearly for Main Reference”
Eg: Maintain 2023/01/01 and Yes
System would check the main reference number duplicate yearly in the time period as below.
0001/01/01 – 0001/12/31
2022/01/01 – 2022/12/31
2023/01/01 – 2023/12/31
2024/01/01 – 2024/12/31
9999/01/01 – 9999/12/31
It is used for the scenario that customer would refresh the main reference number range yearly in first day of new year.
- The “Active” is for customer to define running the main reference duplication check or not.
Blog Post Series for SAP Self-Billing Cockpit
- SAP Self-Billing Cockpit
- How to Set Up Integration Between SAP Self-Billing Cockpit and SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- How to Set Up Integration Between SAP Self-Billing Cockpit and SAP S/4HANA
- How to Set Up Cloud Connector
- How to Set Up a Custom Identity Provider
- Self-Billing with Invoice Creation
- Self-Billing Cockpit Q&A
- [Feature]Automatic Execution of Self-Billing
- [Feature]Comparison of Tax in Self-Billing with Automated Posting