The SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302 release is a massive one for SAP Digital Supply Chain Logistics. With it, SAP has made even more progress in the areas of modernization, extensibility, and usability, aside from introducing new value adding features. The many features we delivered in the 2302 release were made as a result from the extensive feedback and collaborations with our customers, and we are very grateful for the trust in us. For a detailed view of all the features delivered, please check out the “SAP Digital Supply Chain Logistics – What’s New in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302” presentation.
Also please note that aside from the 80+ developments we delivered in this release, some other requested features and enhancements were delivered as part of Continuous Feature Delivery.
But without going into too much detail, I would simply like to focus on some highlights from the 2302 release that we are convinced will bring many benefits to our customers for their logistics operations.
For core functionality we delivered new capabilities to not only increase flexibility and transparency in your logistical processes, but also be able to create and manage new ones in the Cloud. Some highlight features are:
- We delivered the ability to change deliveries after handing them over to logistics service providers, to bring more flexibility and resilience to shipping processes
- You can now activate Transportation Management consignment orders to enable the sharing of ASN data with your customers
- We provided a packing list to be used as a new output document which customers can use to indicate information about delivered products
- With this release Warehouse Management is providing advanced production supply capabilities for manufacturing companies. This comes with more flexible, accurate and higher automated production supply. Based on this foundation we can provide DMC integration in future releases.
In this release we continue to deepen the integration between warehousing and transportation, as well as delivering new capabilities for the end-to-end logistics scenario:
- In Transportation Management you can now handle freight invoices with unplanned cost elements, which reduces processing time for freight settlement.
- We now support quality certificates from suppliers in warehouse management during Goods Receipt.
- We delivered a new warehouse app to trigger and monitor warehouse operations (such as loading or unloading activities) planned by SAP TM.
As with every release, user experience is one of our key pillars of development, and we focused a lot in this release to make our apps even more intuitive, transparent and user friendly:
- We have delivered embedded SAP Analytics Cloud dashboards & content to monitor warehouse inbound and outbound operations.
- We introduced Barcode Scanning capabilities for goods movement FIORI apps to speed up receiving operations.
- For KANBAN operations, there is a new FIORI app to manage production supply areas to increase user efficiency for maintenance and monitoring.
- There is now a new FIORI app in warehouse management to manage outbound operations. This app is supporting enhanced filtering capabilities to view relevant deliveries to be processed. And most important this app we will be able to support personalization and extensibility in future releases which is not possible with the current app.
For this release, SAP has also delivered new options for customization and extensions, such as:
- ABAP RESTful Application Programming (RAP) Business Objects to manage batches and read deliveries of the type inbound, outbound and customer returns
- New APIs and events for Transportation freight documents
- Field extensibility for warehouse management deliveries was asked by many customers. They want to be able to define customer fields in outbound delivery processing and pass these fields to EWM operations, such as the manage outbound delivery app and the warehouse monitor.
- Various scope extensions to existing APIs and additional cloud BADIs to support customer projects
FIND OUT MORE!
There are a lot more enhancements to discover in this release for Digital Supply Chain Logistics, and as always I encourage you to find out more through our latest release document “SAP Digital Supply Chain Logistics – What’s New in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2302”.