You might have already heard of the Open Documentation Initiative that allows you to contribute to and give feedback on our documentation at SAP Help Portal. The GitHub collaboration process allows us to easily interact with you. The only thing you need to collaborate with us, is a GitHub account!
Your contributions are a valuable feedback for us to improve. So let us know what you think!
How does it work?
All you need, is a GitHub account! Keep in mind the Contribution Guidelines and the Code of Conduct.
Feel the need to rephrase our documentation?
- Open the documentation you want to edit, for example UI theme designer on Cloud Foundry.
- Select Edit from the tool bar. A Markdown version of the topic opens in GitHub in a new tab.
- In GitHub, select the pencil icon to Fork this project and edit the file.
- Make your edits in the Markdown version of the HTML page.
- Add a comment and click Propose changes.
- Finally, create a pull request. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
You have a question or the documentation isn’t quite clear to you?
- Open the documentation you want to provide feedback on, for example UI theme designer on Cloud Foundry.
- Select Feedback from the tool bar. A new issue opens in GitHub in a new tab.
- When you’re done, select Submit new issue. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Your contributions are reviewed by our authors and might be accepted, modified, or rejected. When accepted, they are then merged on GitHub and republished on the SAP Help Portal.
We’re excited for your feedback that helps us improve our content together with you!
- SAP Help Portal: SAP Open Documentation Initiative – Contribution Guidelines
- GitHub.com: Get a GitHub Account
- Blogpost: Introducing the Open Documentation Initiative
- Blogpost: SAP BTP Documentation Goes GitHub – New Collaboration Process
- Interest Group: Open Documentation Initiative Interest Group