The fifth SAP Cloud Application Programming Model Customer Roundtable is in front of us. It will underpin its increasing importance in SAP’s cloud strategy that was already highlighted by the keynote from SAP’s CTO Jürgen Müller at this years SAP TechEd. The video is available on Youtube and shows the tremendous role the CAP Cloud Application Programming Model has for developing cloud application on SAP Business Technology Platform.
This time we the Customer Roundtable will focus on Tools supporting you developing with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model. We will talk about CAP Notebooks, that are now available directly through our documentation. We will discuss the newly introduced common-content-package that provides prebuilt data for common entities like Countries, Currencies or Languages. Finally Github syntax highlighting was one of the most preferred features that we now support.
Second focus topic of this Customer Roundtable is an update on new features on the java stack. Here we give a preview on our development of an HCQL Protocol Adapter that promises to improve performance dramatically by skipping OData transformations. Second we talk about latest improvements in memory consumption of CDS models and additional Persistence Services for non-primary databases. We conclude by introducing our support for reliable paging where you can define the limit of entries per single response.
Consequently the agenda looks like the following:
- Retrospection on last Customer Roundtable
- Update on Tools
- Interactive Documentation w/ Notebooks
- Common Content Package
- Github Syntax Highlighting
- Update on Java Stack
- HCQL Adapter
- Improvements in Memory Consumption of CDS Models
- Additional Persistence Services
- Support for Reliable Paging
Also watch out for our re-cap conference on July 7th, 2023 in St. Leon-Rot.
Call for proposals is still open. So don’t miss it.
When: Wednesday, April 5th, 2023, 11 AM EST | 5 PM CEST
Where: Teams Meeting
Meeting Request Download: link
- All interested partners and stakeholders are invited to join: developers, enterprise architects, technical consultants…
- The SAP Cloud Application Programming Model team: among others Sebastian Schmidt. & me (as hosts), Michael Spahn (Development Manager), Daniel Hutzel (Chief Product Owner), Ole Lilienthal (Head), and further team members, e.g. Product Owners and Architects
- Anyone interested in learning about the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and exchange your ideas and feedback with other users and the product team
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Check also out the new Events page in our documentation and our Community page for updates on upcoming events.