The US export control law also applies to US goods, technology, and software components in other products later exported as finished goods.
This applies regardless of the finished product’s country of origin and the company’s location. These controls are especially essential if you supply to the so-called “critical countries”.
Companies that fail to comply with US export regulations face heavy penalties and potentially an entry on the US government’s blocked list. Therefore, in the worst case, a violation can lead to the exclusion of trade in American products.
US re-export controls in SAP GTS, edition for SAP HANA are
- tightly integrated with core ERP processes such as order-to-cash and procure-to-pay.
- providing current and accurate bill-of-materials data.
- calculating and determining de-minimis eligibility based on BOM data and values.
- providing an auditable and transparent process to handle blocked business transactions.
- securing a high level of automation and, therefore, a more complete control coverage.
- easily combined with other compliance controls, such as embargo and sanctioned party list screening.
- configurable to meet company-specific requirements.
- easily maintained through updated legal content files from a selection of high-quality content providers.