A new SAP Integrated Business Planning release is published, and with that a new SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning (SAP IBP) release.
Before I start with the content related enhancements and changes for 2305, let me introduce SAP Signavio Process Navigator to you. SAP Signavio Process Navigator is the new access tool to all SAP Best Practices content, and with that also for the content related to SAP Integrated Business Planning.
There were a lot of questions about Best Practices in general, about access by partners and customers because of the announcement that SAP Best Practices Explorer will be deprecated on June 30th 2023.
What do you need to know:
- SAP continues to build and deliver SAP Best Practices.
- Access to SAP Best Practices and usage of the assets will remain free of charge for customers and partners.
Important to know about the SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning:
- SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain (SAP IBP) will be updated and enhanced every quarter in the usual quality and scope.
- SAP Best Practices for SAP IBP 2305 as well as all future releases are only available in SAP Signavio Process Navigator.
- SAP Best Practices for SAP IBP 2302 will be available in SAP Best Practices Explorer until the end of June 2023. And it will be available in SAP Signavio Process Navigator together with 2305.
SAP Signavio Process Navigator
- is a cloud-native service in ”SAP for Me” providing insights into SAP’s process portfolio
- offers consumer-grade usability with SAP Fiori on any device, including in-app search and filtering options
- serves as a central point of access to SAP’s process portfolio and provides information aboutSAP Best Practices solutions across SAP’s solution portfolio, including process documentation information regarding underlying software components, applications, and application roles, test scripts along process flows, process flow diagrams (BPMN), additional implementation accelerators such as setup instructions, organizational data overview, and more.
With the new tool, several objects have been renamed and restructured. The most important changes are:
- Package is now called solution scenario (Example: The SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning solution scenario)
- Scope item is now called solution process (Example: Solution process IBP for demand – demand planning)
- Process flows are now called solution process flow diagrams
- Configuration guides are now called setup instructions
Please check out this short video to see how it works (don’t be confused, in the video the new tool is still named as Process Navigator by SAP, the renaming to SAP Signavio Process Navigator come very, very short term). And here you can find more information about the new tool and its role in the SAP Signavio product family.
Let’s now take a closer look at the content changes:
Sample Planning Area SAPIBP1
- Modeling for goods receipt processing time
You can define a goods receipt lead time for location and production sources, in which you can model processes such as quality inspection. In SAPIBP1 you can find now the necessary attributes and key figures for this feature.
- New forecast error measure (SPEC) for intermittent demand
SPEC stands for Stock-Keeping-Oriented Prediction error costs and is considered more reliable than other error measures when forecasting is based on intermittent or lumpy demand in the past. We added SPEC to sample forecast model BestFit_Intermittent_demand.
- Key figure for storing outlier markers
In the manage forecast models app, you can specify key figures for the inputs of the outlier correction preprocessing algorithm in which the system should store your outlier markers. These markers override the results of automatic outlier detection. We added the key figure OUTLIERMARKERS as an example for this.
Shelf Life Planning
Shelf life planning is a pretty new feature in response and supply. We added two new solution processes to our Best Practices content to show the configuration and how it works:
- The new IBP for response and supply – shelf life planning solution process describes how to create an operational supply plan, considering the minimum remaining shelf life of independent demand as well as the remaining shelf life of existing stock on hand and planned receipts.
After creating the supply plan including the shelf life planning information, such as the Minimum Remaining Shelf Life (MRSL) and the expiration date, planners can review the result of the run with the detailed pegging information on batch level in the Planner Workspaces app and other apps.
- The new IBP – order-based planning inbound integration for shelf life planning solution process describes the complete integration process, the master data, and the transactional objects needed for the new solution process IBP for response and supply – shelf life planning. It provides references to SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA which explain how you maintain this data in SAP S/4HANA.
We updated the preconfigured Planner Workspaces (PWS) to the latest version of the Planner Workspaces app. This covers PWS for global demand planner, PWS for footprint analysis, PWS for deployment planner, and PWS for response planner.
Supply Chain Network app
The solution process IBP for response and supply – deployment planning – optimizer has been enhanced with the step to use the Supply Chain Network app to understand the supply relations within the network and evaluate the stock situations in each location.
You want to access the new content via SAP Signavio Process Navigator? Here you find everything you need.
You want to learn more about the usage of SAP Signavio Process Navigator? Please check out this short video.