Introduction: This document describes about how to set up communication management in S/4HANA cloud which is a prerequisite S/4HANA APIs.
Let’s setup or configure Communication User/System/Arrangement in S/4HANA cloud to access SAP S/4HANA Cloud APIs.
Follow the steps to setup the Communication Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Note: For communication management setup, one should have “Integration Configuration” access in S/4HANA cloud.
Create Communication User
- Login to S/4HANA cloud system and click on Maintain Communication Users tile under Communication Management.
- Click on new to create a new user(Figure1)Figure 1
- Enter any username as per your naming convention, give some description.
- For basic auth, Set the password by manual entry or you can use propose password option(Figure 2).Figure 2
- If you want to use client certificate-based authentication then just upload public certificate provided by client and save, password is not required.(Figure 3)Figure 3
Create Communication System
- Login to S/4HANA cloud system and click on Communication Systems tile under Communication Management
- Click on new to create a new Communication System.(Figure 4)Figure 4
- Enter System name and ID(Figure 5)Figure 5
- Enter the hostname of other system where S/4HANA will send and receive messages, if this system will only send message to S/4HANA and it won’t receive any message from S/4HANA then select inbound only.
- Select inbound user which was created in previous step.(Figure 6)Figure 6
- Add outbound user of target system( not required if Inbound only selected)
- Following authentication methods can be used for outbound communication(Figure 7)Figure 7
Create Communication Arrangement
Go to https://api.sap.com and search the correct API for your integration, check the API details and communication scenario for that API.
For example, if you want to integrate Business Partner between S/4 HANA and any SAP or Non-SAP system then communication scenario is SAP_COM_0008
Now let’s configure communication arrangement for scenario SAP_COM_0008.
- Login to S/4 HANA cloud system then click on Communication Arrangement tile under Communication Management
- Click on new to create a new communication arrangement.(Figure 8)Figure 8
- Give name as per your naming convention rule.(Figure 9)Figure 9
- Select Communication System, inbound and Outbound User(Figure 10)
- Inbound and outbound user can be selected based on the user added in communication system
- Outbound service base URL will be populated automatically based on hostname is configured in Communication System.
- Uncheck outbound API calls those are not required, check it for required outbound API call and give the resource path.(Figure 11)Figure 11
- Save it and now your communication arrangement is ready to use in integration.
- Here you will get all APIs links those are available under scenario SAP_COM_0008 (Figure 12)Figure 12
- Above APIs can be accessed from any system with credentials we have created while creating communication User.
- Lets call Business Partner API from postman.(Figure 13)Figure 13
Conclusion: After reading this blog, you have learnt that how to configure communication management in S/4HANA cloud to enable APIs
Thanks for reading this blog.
– Please share feedback or thoughts in a comment
– Ask questions about Cloud Integration and follow (https://answers.sap.com/tags/67837800100800007389)
– Read other Cloud Integration blog posts and follow (https://blogs.sap.com/tags/67837800100800007389/)