Dear SAP users,
In this blog I’m going to explain how to fix one of the common errors when deploying a new version of a SAPUI5 application in a SAP BTP / SAP Cloud Platform environment
When trying to open an application in the SAP Cloud Platform (or Portal) the following error is shown:
If the console log is opened (Press F12 button of the browser), the following errors appears:
“Error: resource undefined could not be loaded from /sap/bc/lrep/content/…/manifest.appdescr”
“Failed to load UI5 component for navigation intent #<intent> … “
This error happens after uploading a new version of the HTML5 application through SAP BTP Cockpit and setting it as an active version.
The application is trying to retrieve source files corresponding to the new version, but the application cache has the reference to the previous version. At this time the error appears.
- Access SAP BTP Cockpit. On the left menu, click on the ‘Services’ menu, and search for ‘Cloud Portal Service’. Click over the item:
- Then, go to the ‘Take Action’ section and click on ‘Go to service’:
- Now, SAP Cloud Portal Service will be shown. On the left menu, click on ‘Site Directory’. All your available sites will be shown. Put your mouse over the desired site and click on ‘Edit’. A new tab will be open.
- Now, on the left side navigation menu, click on ‘Settings’:
- Now, on the top right side of the page. click on the ‘World’ icon:
- Check the box for clear caché and click ‘Publish’ button: