Purpose of this blog
This blog is to provide the steps with the screenshots on how to import contents from abapGitHub into BTP ABAP environment.
- In BTP subscribe to ABAP cloud platform and generate the service key
- Install the eclipse latest version in the local machine. After that, install the add-ons for ADT and abapGitHub. Follows the steps in this link for the same https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-install-adt.html
- In eclipse, create a new ABAP cloud project and connect to BTP ABAP instance.
How to connect to GitHub and import the contents
- In the ADT editor navigate to Window–>showview–>other
- In the popup window search for abapGithub or open the folder ABAP
The abapGithub repository view will be displayed. In this view already imported contents and pull status is available
- For this testing, I am trying to import the contents created by another user. Link is https://github.com/Sumu-Ning/AES
- Go to the project explorer and create a new ABAP package to import the contents from abapGitHub repository.
- Click the green plus ( + ) symbol in the abapGit Repositories view.
- In the popup paste the github url
- In the next screen select the abap package which is already created
- The status of pull request can be viewed in the abapGitHub repository.
- To view the imported objects you can right click on the respective line item and select the option ‘ShowObjectLog’.
- Imported objects are now available in the custom package.
Reference :- https://help.sap.com/docs/btp/sap-business-technology-platform/import-content-from-abapgit-repository-into-abap-environment
Note:- If you encounter the error “public key not found for XXXXXX ” while installing the “abapGit repositories ADT plug-in” then download and use the new version of eclipse. I got this error in eclipse 2021 then I downloaded the latest 2023 version and completed this activity.
I hope you find this article is helpful.