Assigning business roles to a user
Creating basic settings for using SAP Fiori launchpad (back end system)
If you use the SAP Fiori launchpad as user interface, a prerequisite is that you have roles assigned to your Fiori user in the NetWeaver Gateway system.
SAP delivers a bundle of business roles as templates for customers. You have to copy all *BR* roles for SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA from the Gateway Server to your namespace.
SAP_BR* roles are not designed to be used as productive roles. They are demo roles which enable system users to make use of the SAP Fiori launchpad and try out the predefined scope items of SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA..
For productive use, you should always copy the delivered roles and adapt them as required. In addition, you define and implement an appropriate authorization concept.
For a summary of all roles used in this edition sorted by scope item, refer to the Process steps, business roles, and apps.
You have the following options for assigning business roles:
- You assign only roles needed for a specific scope item. In this case, check the related test script for the required roles in the Roles You can find the test scripts in the SAP Best Practices documentation package.
- You assign all roles needed for SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA. In this case, assign all business roles to your user.
- In the SAP NetWeaver Gateway system, choose one of the following navigation options:
|SAP Menu||Tools Administration User Maintenance Users|
- In the User Maintenance screen, enter the user ID of the user who you want to assign a role to.
- Choose Change.
- In the Maintain User view, choose the Roles
- In the Role field, enter the role name. Use the wildcard *BR* to search for all relevant roles. You can assign several roles to a user at this stage if necessary.
- Choose Enter, save, and go back to the SAP Easy Access
The roles are now assigned to the user. These roles are referred to in the test script.