SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) is a comprehensive cloud-based platform that offers a wide range of tools and services for enterprise application creation, deployment and management. One of these effective tools is Cloud Application Programming (CAP) Model.
CAP is a set of frameworks, tools and libraries deployed on top of Business Application Studio tenant to create cloud-native applications, and being an open-source project, it provides a way to build modular and scalar cloud applications.
To enable usage of the CAP model, we can refer below steps to setup the necessary environment for project deployment and extension to backend systems.
- Login to BTP Sub-Account where you wish to deploy the CAP model.
- Check for required entitlements of Business Application Studio
(Note – You can click on the (i) buttons to see details about the respective services)
- Deploy the Cloud Foundry Environment by going to the Overview tab and Clicking on Enable Cloud Foundry
Provide the necessary details and click on Create and you will be able to see the environment being created under Instances & Subscriptions > Environments
After creation of Cloud Foundry Environment, create a Cloud Foundry space as well under Cloud Foundry > Spaces
- Under Service Market Place, Deploy Business Application Studio
(Note – Deployed Instance will be visible under Instances and Subscriptions)
- Go to BAS Application and under the Welcome Screen, create a DEV Space which will enable Developers to create and deploy applications based on CAP model
Provide a name for the CAP tenant and for framework select CAP Tools under SAP HANA Native Application
- Integrating CAP tenant with Cloud Foundry Environment for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
Click on the … to extend the menu items and select Cloud Foundry
Select the + Button to sign into the Cloud Foundry Environment
(Note – Double Check the Cloud Foundry End Point and compare it with the BTP Sub Account Homepage)
Sign in using your preferred method to integrate Cloud Foundry with CAP and provide the required SPACE details as created in Step 3
- After integrating CAP tenant with Cloud Foundry, to utilise data from Backend systems we need to configure the Cloud Connector in our DMZ to connect to the backend system and the BTP sub-account
(Note – Input for URL Path can be confirmed as per project requirement)
- After integrating BTP Sub Account with CC, we will be able to see the entry under Connectivity > Cloud Connectors
- Final Step is to create a Destination in BTP Sub Account to connect to the Backend system under Connectivity > Destinations
(Note – Authentication Parameters can be configured as per project requirements)
Congratulations, you have now successfully integrated CAP tenant with backend SAP systems and Cloud Foundry.