In the digital age, organizations heavily rely on seamless and efficient data replication to ensure business continuity and data availability. With data volume growing exponentially, businesses need intelligent solutions to manage and replicate business data effectively. This is where Data Intelligence can step in, offering advanced capabilities to streamline replication processes and enhance data resilience. In this article, we will delve into the world of Data Intelligence, exploring its key features, benefits, and how it empowers organizations to achieve optimal data replication.
- Enhanced Business Continuity: By deploying Data Intelligence, organizations can significantly improve their business continuity plans. The service offers real-time monitoring, proactive error detection, and automatic failover mechanisms, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum data availability.
- Intelligent Data Prioritization: Data Intelligence intelligently prioritizes data replication based on predefined rules, allowing businesses to allocate resources effectively. Critical data can be replicated immediately, while less critical data can be scheduled for replication during off-peak hours, optimizing network bandwidth and minimizing disruption.
- Performance Optimization: The service employs data intelligence algorithms to analyze data replication patterns and optimize performance. By identifying bottlenecks and optimizing data transfer protocols, organizations can achieve faster replication speeds and reduce latency.
- Scalability and Flexibility: Data Intelligence provides scalable solutions that can accommodate growing data volumes. Whether it’s on-premises, cloud-based, or hybrid environments, the service adapts to various infrastructures, allowing organizations to scale their replication needs effortlessly.
- Auto Recovery: Data Intelligence plays a crucial role in auto recovery from failures. It ensures that data is replicated and available, allowing businesses to quickly recover and resume operations in the event of a failure of the graphs.
- Data Migration: When migrating data from one system to another, Data Intelligence ensures seamless replication and synchronization, minimizing data loss and ensuring a smooth transition.
- Multi-site Collaboration: For organizations with multiple locations, Data Intelligence facilitates data replication across sites, enabling real-time collaboration, data sharing, and decision-making.
Now, let’s look at how to deploy Data Intelligence instance inside BTP.
- In SAP BTP cockpit, select Global Accounts and select the global account that is entitled for SAP Data Intelligence.
- To create a subaccount, choose New Subaccount, enter subaccount name, or select the subaccount information, and click Create and Save.
- A new tile appears on the global account page with the subaccount details.
- To enable the Cloud Foundry environment, select the subaccount tile that you created, and click Enable Cloud Foundry.
- Return to the global account overview page and choose Entitlements à Subaccount Assignment, then select Configure Entitlements à Add Service Plans and add the SAP Data Intelligence entitlement for the subaccount. The subaccount lists the available quota for SAP Data Intelligence.
- To create a space in your subaccount, click Subaccount à Create Space à Enter name of the Space and assign roles (Space Developer and Space Manager) and click on Create.
- The space carries the quota, and consumes all available quota provided by the cloud credits.
- Now to create an SAP Data Intelligence instance in BTP application, navigate to Services à Service Marketplace, search for ‘Data Intelligence’, and select the SAP Data Intelligence service.
Please note a subaccount can support only one SAP Data Intelligence instance.
- Click on More Options (…) and select the Create option to create a DI instance
Follow the navigation steps offered to create an instance by specifying the desired credentials and sizing configuration. Choose the instance type/plan of Subscription (dedicated) or CPEA (enterprise).
Choose the minimum and maximum number of worker nodes; SAP Data Intelligence will scale based on the usage.
If a VPN or VPC peering connectivity is required, and the network has an IP address conflict with 10.0.0.0/16, an optional configuration step specifying a CIDR block value of /22 or larger for the DI network can be made.
It should be noted that creation of the instance can take up to an hour.
- Once the instance status is “Created”, it can be seen under Services à Instances and Subscriptions.
Click on More Options menu (…) and select View Dashboard.
This will now redirect the user to Launchpad of the Data Intelligence cloud application. [Enter the credentials of the Tenant which (Fig 5)was used while create the DI instance]
Voila, Data Intelligence home page with all its tiles is now available and ready to be consumed.
Please note that by default, the user which was created while deploying the SAP Data Intelligence cloud will have all admin privileges and therefore will have full access. This user may be used to perform initial login and help with the creation of additional users. This may be done by using the ‘Users’ under the System Management tile of Data Intelligence.
Furthermore, Data Intelligence empowers organizations to prioritize risks based on their potential impact and likelihood, enabling efficient resource allocation and risk mitigation strategies. By providing a holistic view of risks, the system facilitates better decision-making, allowing organizations to allocate resources effectively and focus on areas that require immediate attention.
The system also plays a crucial role in regulatory compliance, helping organizations adhere to industry standards and regulations by monitoring and reporting on data-related risks. This ensures that organizations maintain compliance with legal requirements and avoid penalties or reputational damage.