Interested in enabling your web users to share jobs across social platforms?
In this blog, we review how some SuccessFactors customers are leveraging Career Site Builder’s extensibility to add social share functionality to their career site in response to the AddThis widget sunset. Included below are details on some of the key considerations for widget selection, popular easy-to-implement alternatives, and top recommendations for career site placement.
Read below to learn:
- Why the AddThis Widget is being removed from Career Site Builder
- What alternatives are available for the AddThis social share widget
- What to consider when comparing social share options
- How to add social share widgets on your career site with Career Site Builder
Why is the AddThis Widget is being removed from Career Site Builder?
Oracle, the owner of AddThis, posted a notice that they are terminating all AddThis services after May 31, 2023. As a result, SAP Career Site Builder will be removing AddThis Widget as a standard configuration option in the 1H 2023 release. Additional details about this feature deprecation can be viewed in the SAP SuccessFactors What’s New Viewer.
What alternatives are available for the AddThis social share widget?
Some third-party options SuccessFactors customers are choosing to add to their career site include:
What to consider when comparing social share options?
To make the right decision for your business, take into consideration what features best support your business needs. When reviewing third-party solutions, you will want to consider the cost, ease of setup, accessibility, extensibility, and user privacy. For example:
- What are the most important features for your users?
- Is the solution free, or does it require a subscription cost?
- Do you have the right technical skillset to setup and a plan in place to maintain?
- What kind of user data is stored and shared?
- Is the solution GDPR and CCPA compliant?
- Is it necessary to customize the style of your icons?
- Do you need to integrate with analytics software?
Most Popular Pick: AddToAny
Many customers who are choosing to leverage customization to allow for social sharing, are opting to proceed with “AddToAny.” This option offers strong overlap in design & features with AddThis functionality, and requires very low effort to setup.
Some of the key influencers include:
- Free with No Account Necessary: Setup requires no registration to setup or manage.
- Easy Setup: Low-code technical skill to setup.
- Code Stability: The current solution includes lightweight code, offers strong cross-browser compatibility, a mobile compatible view, and includes vector icons.
- Ease of Extensibility: Supports integration with Google Analytics, along with color and style overrides.
- Decent User Privacy: AddToAny does not store personal data. Vendors may temporarily store strictly necessary data, such as an IP address, as the regulations allow.
How can you add social share options in Career Site Builder?
Add Social Share to a Single Page with the Custom Plugin
Where to add on the page?
A custom plugin can be added to the Home Page, Content Page, Category Page, or Job Page Template. Some of the most popular locations for the component, include:
- At the top or bottom of a Category Page, to easily enable users to share a page of jobs
- On the Job Description Page, to enable users to share a single job
Do your research & test it out!
Need Help with the code?
Interested in enabling a social sharing extension on your career site, but need some additional assistance getting setup? SAP HXM Delivery Consultants offer development services that specialize in extending Career Site Builder. Please contact your implementation partner or Account Executive to learn how to engage an expert to assist you!
Now you know some of the top third-party social share options SuccessFactors Customers are using as alternatives to the AddThis Widget, and how they can be added to your Career Site Builder website! With this solution in place, your web users can continue to easily share jobs across their social platforms.
Share your experience!
Have you successfully implemented a social share widget on your career site? Are you struggling to get started, and have questions? Please add a comment below to share your questions, feedback, ideas and experience!