23.05.23: ABAP Environment release 2305
23.02.23: DSAG ABAP developer day for Microsoft integrations with SAP’s engineering team
Building on Frank’s “BTP ABAP Environment on Azure” release announcement we will take you on a journey of various Microsoft integration scenarios with ABAP over the coming weeks. Excited yet?
Using the language flavor “ABAP Cloud” ensures you’re set for the future no matter in which deployment style you are in today. Plain cloud or “embedded” living next to your ERP – you choose. Below integration scenarios are inter-changeable.
All presented scenarios rely on the RESTful ABAP Programming Model (RAP) exposing an OData service.
SAP BTP ABAP Environment (aka. Steampunk)
||Use SAP’s dev tutorials to get started with ABAP Development Tools (ADT on Eclipse), abapGit and BTP on Azure|
|Part 1 – Consume SAP RAP Busines Objects from Microsoft Excel||Learn how to expose an OData service from a RAP object and execute “live” request from Excel|
|Part 2 – Govern your ABAP cloud APIs with API Management||Integrate your ABAP backed APIs into your general API Management umbrella with production ready certificate authentication|
SAP S/4HANA Cloud – ABAP Environment (aka. Embedded Steampunk)
|Part 0 – Getting your dev environment ready||Rely on the same tutorials as listed above but ensure minimum release S4 2022 for private edition and 2208 for S/4 HANA Cloud public edition|
|Part 1 – Automatically generate a meaningful product summary on creation||See Azure OpenAI service in action enhancing your ERP product create process|
|Part 2 – Approve SAP process||Directly approve SAP processes from Microsoft Teams|
|Part 3 – Reactivate the SAP audit log||Use the audit log deactivation alert discovered by Microsoft Sentinel to re-activate the audit log|
Supporting blog posts and sample repos
- DSAG ABAP Developer day with Microsoft and SAP SE engineering (github.com)
- SAP-samples: ABAP Flight Reference Scenario for RAP on ABAP Cloud Platform (github.com)
- SAP-samples: materials for workshops about the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP) (github.com)
- Use abapGit to Transfer Your On-Premise ABAP Source Code to the Cloud | Tutorials for SAP Developers
- Import Content from abapGit Repository into the BTP ABAP Environment | SAP Blogs
- Getting Started with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP) | SAP Blogs
As always feel free to ask lots of follow-up questions and share your own steampunk scenarios with the community. See me to get your share of steampunk ninjacat unicorn stickers if you fancy those.