Hello SAP SuccessFactors EC and IC Community,
Recently a client came with a requirement to automate their employee’s timesheet from Biometric system’s data. I tried searching for some blogs but couldn’t find one. So thought to create one with step by step instructions.
Here we will be using External time data entity, Integration center and SFTP.
1.Upload Biometric system generated CSV (UTF-8) file in SFTP as shown in below format.
2. Setting up an Inbound integration.
Go to Admin center-> Integration center -> My Integration-> Schedule CSV Input integration.
3. Select the entity set which will be used for timesheet update.
7. Go to source setting and enter SFTP source details from where to pick the file.
8.Schedule the Integration as per requirement of daily, weekly or yearly.
10. Before Integration run timesheet employee record.
11. After Integration run timesheet employee record.
After taking the steps above you will be able to run your new inbound integration and you can check the content by looking at the timesheet of employees. Additionally, you can of course make changes to the integration to get more out of it.
I hope that the steps above help you set up your integration and that you will make many more integrations after that. ?